Minimum Years Experience: 2-5
Job Type: Full Time
Education: BS Construction Engineering Management
Reports to the Project Manager with the responsibility to obtain, evaluate, coordinate and distribute the information and authorizations needed to construct projects on time, within budget, and to the quality specified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all drawings and specifications and ensure they properly relate to the estimate;
- Obtain information and approvals required from the owner, architect, and engineers for the timely processing of drawings and documentation;
- Prepare contract item list;
- Establish and maintain document control procedures;
- Manage project closeout, secure all guarantees and warranties required for final acceptance;
- Maintain EEO compliances;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS Construction Engineering Management and a minimum of two years of relevant experience. (Equivalent education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a CEM degree.) Other qualifications include:
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principals and techniques, of all general contract and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications;
- A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures;
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs;
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software desirable;
- Strong oral & written communications skills.